THE 4 SECTIONS OF THE I.B. APPLICATION PROCESS
Note: Applications for the Class of 2021 are now closed.
We have a handful of available spots for the Class of 2019 for those who have completed all the necessary prerequisites in Freshman and sophomore years. Applications for the few spots for Rising Juniors are due March 17th at midnight. Class of 2019 applicants do not need a counselor referral.
PART ONE: Student Application
PART TWO: Parent & Student Commitment Form
PART THREE: Counselor Referral Form (1 required from your school counselor, if not homeschooled)
PART FOUR: Teacher Referral Form (2 required, 3 maximum)
PARENT & STUDENT COMMITMENT
BELOW IS PROGRAM INFORMATION FOR PARENTS / GUARDIANS
PROGRAM INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
We request that you peruse the following documents:
- BROCHURE: http://www.ibo.org/globalassets/digital-tookit/brochures/1511-dp-brochure-en.pdf
- FAQ: http://www.ibo.org/globalassets/digital-tookit/brochures/parent-pack-faqs-about-the-dp.pdf
Parents and students, please acknowledge you have read and can commit to our policy on academic honesty.
- Please see page 5 of our school handbook: http://phs.mesa.k12.co.us/documents/Dog%20timer%2011-12%20revised%20(2).pdf
- Please understand that IB students in violation of the academic honesty policy will be placed on probation, and repeat offenses constitute dismissal from the program.
Two Diplomas: D51 and IB
Parents and students, IB students will be working toward two diplomas. Please acknowledge the following:
- We are a full-diploma program only, and students commit to a rigorous course of study that must include the core and six subject groups.
- Pre-IB students will complete many of the D51 graduation requirements in their freshman and sophomore years; students are official diploma programme students in their junior and senior years.
- A pre-IB schedule is somewhat prescriptive; in order to earn a D51 diploma and be ready for the IB diploma programme, our students must take certain pre-requisites.
- Students must commit to taking course-end IB exams which will determine whether they receive their internationally-recognized IB diplomas. Testing is not optional, and there are fees attached (due the senior year). Those fees are comparable in price to AP fees and can be reduced if the student demonstrates financial need.
Parents and students, we recognize that transportation may be a concern. Many of our students carpool, take one of two IB-buses (with two drop-off/pick-up locations in GJ), take D51 buses, or ride the GVT.
PARENTS / GUARDIANS ARE REQUIRED TO FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
COUNSELOR REFERRAL FORM
COUNSELORS - PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND CLICK SUBMIT
*Disposition and Affect Resource: Click Here
TEACHER REFERRAL FORM
TEACHERS - PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND CLICK SUBMIT
Any Questions, Please use our Contact Form